Ra-in, now I don't mind.

To combat the west coast winter 'sunshine', 
 is the Pearl Izumi Cyclone shoe covers.

After riding in from the soggy, rain drenched outdoors, I'm reminded of a favorite Beatles song, 'Rain.'


"I can show you that when it starts to rain, Everything's the same, I can show you, I can show you, 
Ra-in, I don't mind, Shi-ne, the weather's fine.
Can you hear me that when it rains and shines, It's just a state of mind, Can you hear me, can you hear me."


During this time on the bike, just trying to stay dry is hardship. Except, today I fought back the rain and the crappy, wet roads with my NEW weapon; the Cyclone shoe cover by Pearl Izumi. These are well made and kept my flat feet extremely warm and very dry. I remember in my twenties in Alberta, my first pair was a blue vinyl bootie made by Cambio Rino. They were bulky, uncomfortable and made badly but importantly kept my feet warm. With these slick beauties, no problem getting onto my pedals. One complaint, although minor, getting into them requires a few minutes. And as I fought to put them on, I felt an eagerness to get outside... in the rain. I discovered that these friendly shoe covers are a staple winter item for any bikie wardrobe keeping one from plunging into the depth's of wet despair. 

The 'wet' coast is not so bad after all!

Comments