off the beaten path.


The well made bike path.
I hope the city soon removes that annoying sign!


Good day as I ventured on a 2 hour ride, testing my new 13-24T seven speed freewheel. My old Regina America 13-21T finally had to be retired to be replace by the Sunrace. It's Taiwan made and sure works well enough. As far as I can remember, I've always rode with a 13-21T but you know something, the 24 is a huge welcome. My new granny gear along with the 42T small chainring gets me up the hills much easier. And my legs are liking that!


One of my favorite images from,
Rouleur's Photography Annual 2008.

Afterwards, As I made my way towards Hans studio, I saw a beautiful site. Just before Clark Drive I had the joy of riding over a brand new bike path. Well marked about a half block long it snakes it's way through a small city park. Cyclists will never have to share the narrow sidewalk with pedestrians. Now, cyclists have a safer and larger pathway to ride on.

Hans had an extra copy of Rouleur's Photography Annual 2008 book waiting for me. Big thanks to Hans for this treasured gift!




Maple Leaf Flying! - Canadian Dominque Rollin (Cervelo TT) avoided a spectacularly ugly crash in the closing meters to grab third at the 97th Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen. It's a Belgian semi classic race aimed at the sprinters. Perfectly flat along with the appropriate duress causing cobble sections it's made for the 'horse from the north'. And it's exciting to see him pick up his first European podium. In fact, last Monday he just missed the podium and finished in fifth spot at the Ronde van Drenthe. I sense a big win is coming his way very soon.



97th Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen results:

1. Allesandro Pettachi (LPR Brakes) 4.27.20
2. Kenny Van Hummel (Skil-Shimano) @ s.t.
3. Dominique Rollin (Cervelo-TT) @ s.t.


Comments