Gravel Kings.





I'm toasting Canadian, Ryder Hesjedal for his fine fifth place at today's Montepaschi Strade Bianche. It may not be a victory but it's bloody close to it. At the final climb Thomas Lofkvist, Mick Rogers & Maxim Iglinskiy (the eventual winner) took off and were the final three heading to the finish. Only Filippo Pozzato could react from the tiring Canadian. It wasn't his day but I feel it's coming. Hesjedal said, "I didn't feel that great, and I had to dig deep all day. To get fifth with the field that's here, I'm pretty pleased with where I'm at."

It's a great start to his season!


Montepaschi Strade Bianche:

1. Maxim Iglinskiy (Astana)
2. Thomas Lofkvist (Sky)
3. Mick Rogers (HTC)
4. Filippo Pozzato (Katusha)
5. Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin)
32. Michael Barry (Sky)



Negotiating through the back streets of Siena is challenging!

Comments

schmunk said…
Too bad Thomas didn't win. But he rode really well! Stretching out the field.
Richard said…
He was one of picks. Great ride!