Cobbles are coming...

1986...
Sean Kelly, Urs Freuler & Adri van der Poel.



My favorite race, Paris-Roubaix is this April 10th. I read that the organisers are turning this classic race, full on drama with five new cobble sections ... I couldn't be happier.



Sean Kelly, Steve Bauer & Greg LeMond profile, 1986 Paris-Roubaix...



Three sections are planned before the infamous Arenberg Forest and two sections afterwards, creating further difficulty.

May I say that I'm hoping for plenty of cold, rain & muddy chaos on those cobble sections. Last year we were somewhat deprived of that critical element.

1984 was the first time I started to watch this great race seeing Sean Kelly masterly win it for the first time. Then, with the North American invasion, it grew to mean much more seeing Steve Bauer & Greg LeMond in 1986. Soon after it grew into an ongoing fixation.

I'm counting the days!



1985...
Grand Depart from Compiegne


1985...
Laurent Fignon(right) NOT 
having any fun


1985 training ride...
Gibert Duclos Lasalle leads his Peugeot teammates over
a nasty section.
unita.it

Comments