Whistler Farmer's Market

Ready to ...Attack!


Yesterday was our first Whistler Farmer's Market and we were part of a very fun and lively artisan market in lovely Whistler BC.

Carolle and I made the drive along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway where we noticed many cyclists, most likely, practicing for next month's GranFondo Whistler. A perfect sunny day greeted us along with many interested folks discovering our unique Galstudio cycling caps and inner tube products.



Behind our tent was a spectacular view of Blackcomb mountain!



Initially, we thought Whistler would be a good market for our cycling accessories and it is! Most people looked to be involved in some outdoor activity. This is a mountain bike mecca.

I met Wayne, who turned out to be a kindred spirit for the road bike and Eddy Merckx. He rode the Axel Merckx GranFondo and had a marvelous experience that he told me with so much excitement. He had Eddy sign his Merckx bike! How cool is that! And he bought a Orangeman cycling cap to compliment his Molteni jersey.

I talked to the market organizer and he said, due to the popularity of the GranFondo, golf has taken a back seat (pardon the pun) to cycling.  It's very true, Whistler is a resort and I saw a luxury car with two shiny Cervelo's hanging off the back. Golf is far off on my radar and I'm very happy to hear that news.

Something cool about selling our unique products is the folks you attract. A young woman was so interested in my artwork for her cyclist husband she told me whether I would be back. In fact, she said to me that today was light in attendance and on most Sundays, the market is packed elbow to elbow. I found out many folks were out to Pemberton on a slow cooking cycling festival. I can only imagine when it's teeming with hungry shoppers.

We more than enjoyed our time selling our products and I can see us here next Spring on an ongoing basis. Carolle and I thoroughly enjoy being out amongst our customers talking about our handmade cycling accessories.

This rewarding day ended up perfectly in one of the pubs ...with a nice Heineken!


Not elbow to elbow, but plenty of people before 10 AM!
All images © 2011 Cyclingart

Comments