Hammering Home

Rocket Man



Tony Martin beat a stellar field to win the gold in the TT world championship.

Fastest at each split, he even motored past David Millar. The Scotsman could only turn his head from his concentrated tuck ... in disbelief. Martin was 1:30 faster. He was deemed the favorite by many of the media and he hammered home a fantastic time of 53:43.85. I was stunned by the aggressive riding by Cancellara almost running into the barricades only to finish third 1:20.59 behind. I like Bradley Wiggins smooth riding style as he grabbed the silver.

Svein Tuft also put in an awesome effort, riding the flat 46.4 km course to13th-place in 57:19.74

He's confident for the 2012 London Olympics, "For the most part, I am quite content with how I went about. I look at the times and I am happy to be within the fighting times. That keeps me positive and focussed."

Today, no one could beat a more focussed Martin... simply put he was unbeatable!


A Tuft day...
Sunday's road race awaits!
(Oliver Meyn)

Comments