DIY Bike Stand

Image: Richard Lee



I talked to my friend Jim and I asked him whether he would like to make me a bike stand in exchange for work on his garage. He agreed, and soon we'll sit down and talk bike stand designs.

If there's one person that can create this, it's Jim. After all, he's a darn good wielder.

My DIY idea is for a portable bike stand able to set up quickly and be solid enough to hold my 20 something pound Marinoni. I'm already tired thinking of my next bike cleaning session having to squat and twist my body, in uncomfortable positions, to perform basic bike maintenance. 

Image above is my Marinoni frame at Peninsula Cycles starting it's restoration.

Below is an example of what it could look like...



Stay tune for further developments ...it's going to be fun project!

Comments