dhb Vaeon Bib Shorts: Winter Rides Made Warmer

dhb Vaeon Roubaix Bib Shorts.





My last piece of cycling kit (listed as back order) finally reached me yesterday.

Well, my anticipation turned to a smile when I received my dhb Vaeon Roubaix Bib Shorts. Today, the weather is cold (-3C), heavily snowing in normal rainy Vancouver. I'm glad I decided on a pair of robust winter-ish bib shorts to carry me warmly on my cold rides.

dhb is the house brand of cycling clothing from the mega UK online shop, Wiggle. And after reading countless reviews, it was time to make good and purchase the inexpensive priced Vaeons. I want to say that I do not receive any reimbursement of any kind from Wiggle for this review. Of course, I'm always open to the idea of reviewing cycling product.

The bibs are nothing short of excellent. Lined with Lombardia Roubaix fabric for cool conditions I put on the nicely contour fitting bib shorts and I imagine the cold weather will be far from a factor. In fact, armed with my new Wellgo RC713 road pedals and new cleats, I set out yesterday for a quick spin to a). test the cleat position/new pedals (review upcoming) and b). test the Vaeon bibs. We had a early morning dump of snow, it was cold (-1C) as I set out. The roads were slushy nothing difficult to ride on.

The Vaeon bib shorts were nothing I felt before. I remember back in the eighties, my all time favorite cycling shorts were Blacky. They just fit so comfortable and I never thought a second of the shorts while wearing them. They do their thing so you can just concentrate on the riding. The Vaeon's are like that. The Vaeon pad is thick and comfy, I envision more comfort on a longer ride. The fit is bang on ( I have the small), water repellent, and the comfort level is top notch ... amazingly for only $60 bucks!

wiggle.co.uk



CyTech Elastic Interface Giro chamois,
Glad to have the dual density pad.



Soft and fleecy Lombardia Roubaix
lycra fabric.


Comments

Empidog said…
I've had a pair of their 3/4 ones for a few years now, excellent and great for those cooler days...I use them under my baggies on the winter tours..
Richard said…
Steve I'm beginning to become a dhb fan!
Unknown said…
Have these knicks survived the years. dhb seem to be getting a bit more premium these days.
Richard said…
Hi Smart Cyclist:

Only lasted me for 2 seasons.
Unknown said…
Thanks for the update, 2 seasons can be good if you ride and wear a lot, though when you say 'only' it suggests they could have been better.
Richard said…
Yes, enjoyed them so that I wish they lasted longer.