First Look: Wellgo RC713 Pedals & Riding Kit.

Keeping with the SPD's...
I decided to upgrade to the tiny Wellgo RC-713 road pedals.




Was I glad that I decided to stay indoors this Sunday afternoon!

I planned a ride and as I was looking at the glum weather...

Canada Post rang and they delivered a special package I've been anxiously waiting for! This is an out of the box look at my new Wellgo RC-713 Pedals and riding kit.

I decided to keep with my SPD's and not upgrade to new shoes. I love my Sidi Giau MTB shoes and being extremely comfortable/well made and allow me to walk on them. With racing shoes, my nightmare is slipping on a Cafe floor. I'm not ready for them yet. Keeping within my small budget, I decided to go with the inexpensive and well-made ...Wellgo RC713 road pedals. In case you don't know, Wellgo is an established cycling brand from Taiwan that produces very good pedals. Apart from my old 1987 Campy Nuovo Record pedals, these are my newly bought clipless road pedals. It took me while. My friend, Hans gave me his old Shimano MTB pedals I've had for the past 4 years. Thanks again Hans!

What I found in the box is a set of well-machined, handsome looking pedals including spare cleats. I weighed them and surprisingly came under the advertised 310 grams. Both pedals are 303 grams. So, I will put these pedals on and have an upcoming full review.





It was past due (years that is) and time to replace some of my worn out cycling clothing with spiffy ones. Again, I'll have to get everything sorted out and will have a upcoming full review.



l to r: Northwave Gilet, GripGrap cover sock, 
Campagnolo flag socks and Santini arm/leg warmers.


Comments