Friday File: Love for Cyclepedia, 1990 MSR & F**K Lance!





Hans loaned me an exceptional book, Cyclepedia: A Century of Iconic Bicycle Design by Michael Embacher. Foreward by Paul Smith.

In the eighties, I first discovered cycle racing, or was it that cycling discovered me? It was the flash of svelte steel bikes that moved me ...especially Italian. It still moves me. My 1984 trip to Treviso to visit the famous, Pinarello was a life-changing event for me. Always wanted a steel Pinarello. What I'm getting at is please read this wonderful and compulsory book for every bicycle lover. Photographed beautifully, one can't help but be moved by the two-wheel brilliance. On page 204 my heart quickened with the exquisite, Cinelli Laser: Steel Wind.

And, for those lucky folks who have the iPad, there is an App for downloading here. Hans showed me the amazing app and it's more than amazing...

Thanks Hans!









Some 57 days until the first Monument of the season starts... Milan-San Remo (March 17). I can't wait as it signals the start of the season, for me. Here's Gianni Bugno on his way to the 1990 victory...

Bugno to victory.
montour1959lasuite.blogspot.ca



Now that it's over, I'm trying to digest the latest LA rhetoric... so I share in these words by the late and truthfully funny George Carlin...







Comments