Road Holland: The Noordwijk Vest

Double pleasure...
The Noordwijk vest (size small that fits me perfectly)
pairs well with the Arnhem jersey!
All photos Cyclingart






I received the much anticipated, new Noordwijk Vest kindly sent to me from Road Holland.










For those who don't know, Road Holland is orchestrated by the 'serious and stylish'
duo of Richard Grossman and Jonathan Schneider. I own a few of their high quality jerseys, and I admire their thoughtful attention to detail and their 'not mainstream' designs. As a small business owner, myself, I know what it takes to persevere in the ever-increasing competitive cycling apparel world. Weathering the manufacturing storm by producing locally is a sure positive, in my books.

Road Holland has ratcheted it up a notch with their newest outerwear offering ... the Noordwijk vest (there's also the women's version). Two colors are available; all black and the black/carolina blue ... that I have. Again, may I emphasize the high quality workmanship and thoughtful details here. Visible blue banding front and rear with reflective, Road Holland. I chose Carolina blue to match my Marinoni blue ... a perfect fit.

The vest is probably one of the most essential kit to have keeping the core importantly warm. On my ride it was damn cold and the wind-blocking and light polyester fabric provides that much needed warmth without weight... the Noordwijk scores big here.
Here, in Vancouver, we have our share of liquid sunshine and I can't wait to try it out.

Attention to details...

Mesh breathable side panels, a comfy lined collar and my favorite ...the side-seam credit card sized pocket. This feature scores high for me. As far as I know, the only vest to offer this. I used the discreet side pocket for easy access to my digital camera. How often are you searching in the rear jersey pockets for either money, cards or even a small digital camera? Thankfully, I do not have this problem any more.



The side-seam pocket...
designed for credit cards and also for a small
digital camera.



I've gone through a number of cycling vests, and never had one that offered
anything close to the features the Noordwijk vest has. If you are looking for a well-made cycling vest, both functional and good looking... your search has ended.




Hurry! Road Holland is having a Thanksgiving 20% Sale!




Good ample collar to keep the neck warm.






Comments

Erich said…
Looking good Richard! Nice cap as well…

Richard said…
Thanks Erich...A marriage made in cycling heaven
Unknown said…
I am glad to read this post, its an interesting one. I am always searching for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more in future. Thanks
holland & holland
Unknown said…
Awesome collection thanks for this post. I am very happy to visit your site. I already bookmark your site. I try to visit your site regularly.
holland & holland rifle
I would like to add my blog to the list and would love to make any changes that Heather and company may suggest. Because we are all One here is welcome nay suggestions to add my blog to the cause
holland & holland shotgun
I have read so many article of this site in which some of them were very interesting and inspiring.This article has good title with good description.i am very happy that i found this site. I have bookmarked this site to visit again and find out the new post.I just want to say, this is a wonderful article
holland and holland
I am glad to read this post, its an interesting one. I am always searching for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more in future. Thanks
holland and holland rifle